Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pros & Cons of SOHO

Before I quit my job, I was sort of working at home myself, although I was under employment.

Before I started to work at home, I whined about how boring it was having to go to office everyday, finding parking was annoying, if u get compounds is even more hell. I could list hundreds and hundreds of benefits of working at home. Like, you could save petrol money, you could manage your time better, you could get out of bed and work directly without having to clean yourself and no one cares! Most of all, you have more freedom! Who doesn't like the idea right?

But, I think otherwise now. Working at home was really really boring, you got no one to talk to, the only thing I talked to was my computer, I sat in front of computer day and night, working, surfing, watching drama, etc. I started to lose the ability to communicate with others, I did not know how to talk to a total stranger after few months of working alone at home. I noticed this because I had to attend events at times, so, I immediately knew I could not go on like this anymore. This is not me, I am so talkative and I love talking to people, and yet, I became autistic. Isn't saddening?

Flexible working hours could also mean irregular working hours. No matter how tired I was, I couldn't go to bed in the middle of night because I had to complete some work before I slept. Eventually, I started to develop insomnia, I had sleepless nights thinking about the incomplete work. It became real bad when I struggled in bed for 2 or 3 hours just to sleep. Damn. Regardless of the level of fatigue, I just wouldn't fall asleep.

So, without further thinking, I knew I had to quit this job. When you whine about how tiring is having to go to office, think about this, when you get the chance of bragging in office with colleagues, talking bad about your boss with them, waste some time making coffee, aren't all these wonderful?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home