Thursday, July 26, 2007

If tomorrow never comes

Ronan Keating had a song with the above title. But, right now, I feel kinda inspired after studying 50 articles on 'Stress Management'.

Well, the main thing I have learnt is...

- Live for today. Worrying too much about tomorrow will only cause you more stress.

Okay, so you see, human race is very paranoid and tends to worry about future, about things that have not happened, or not going to happen at all. In short, we are scared of the uncertainties.

For example, I have met my deadline today and I already knew what's on hand tomorrow. I was thinking to do it today so tomorrow I can chill a little, but, come to think about it, what if I have completed my work for tomorrow then I suddenly die??? Isn't that a big loss?

So, you see, the point is, just live for today. If you had your whole life planned, then suddenly when you wake up the next day, you are not breathing anymore. And you are greeted with just a 'good game'!

Isn't that saddening? So, spend all your money, live while you can, do everything that you like. But, if you are broke spending all your money, but tomorrow you are still breathing, then, well, pray hard for $$ to fall from sky!

What a great stress relief eh?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

In my experience, the human race never worries about the future because if they did. The world wouldn't be as shitty as it is right now. People would actually think through their decisions before following it through with their actions and their intended consequences.

We only care about what happens when we die, never the events that follow in between the end and where we are.

Taking a break is one thing, but knowing the consequences of your actions should also be something we do naturally. You may die tomorrow, but it'll be far worse if you lived and got fired because you didn't finish your work on the deadline.

10:52 AM  
Blogger jelly said...

well, i don't know about others, but take a look my parents, they do plan though. i am not exactly a planning a long term person, but we have to plan to live. like what u said also, what if i didn't meet the deadline today and tomorrow i'm still breathing? then i live to suffer more.

damn. life is all about suffering

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home