Monday, April 16, 2007

The Interview Concussion

I have attended 2 interviews recently and I shall share my experience here:

Interview A :
I went for an interview at a local bank for some IT position. As usual, I was given some tests. First set of Qs were tough. There were 10 grammar questions, 5 subjective IQ Qs, 10 IQ questions and 10 Mathematical Qs, all this with only 30 minutes.

Well, there was not a single easy-peasy-beasy question if you ask me. But, it could also be my stupidity. The maths were the killer. They asked stuff like.. x is something, y is something, find z. It's written there that you cannot do any calculation, so, the only way to answer is by using your brains. My maths has always been weak and I had a miserable time struggling to answer. Even the grammar questions were tough!

The next paper was an essay writing with 15 mins of time given. There were few topics to choose from and I chose : What do you think is more important to you? Pay or jobscope? I did not answer an OR question, I chose to answer BOTH important. I mean, cmon, if you get a job that you really really really like and interested in, but they pay you like only RM1000 a month?
Let's get practical. Who can live on that man??

So, after answering those questions, an interview was followed. As usual, a lot of standard questions asked. What's your interest... tell me about yourself... job expectation..... blah. Of course, there were also some unexpectedly tough questions. When everything ended, they promised a result would be given to me within 2 weeks, either yes or no. But until now..2 weeks, still no news, so I supposed the it's gone.

God oh god.. Why is it so hard to find a job???

Interview B shall be continued tomorrow...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home